Why is Rand Paul being ignored by the media?

[ Go to bottom  |  Go to latest post  |  Subscribe to this topic  |  Latest posts first ]

ConcernedAm...

44, male

Level 10 - Negotiator

Why is Rand Paul being ignored by the media?

from ConcernedAmerican2015 on 06/09/2015 01:04 PM

With growing support and many common sense ideals, Rand Paul has been relatively untouched by most major news outlets. My opinion notwithstanding, I wonder if it has to do with his ability to beat Hillary Clinton in the coming Presidential Election. While folks like Mike Huckabee being covered in the mainstream media, I certainly think it is cause for concern.

ProudSaul

66, male

Level 6 - Agitator

Re: Why is Rand Paul being ignored by the media?

from ProudSaul on 06/11/2015 06:50 PM

Perhaps he's not getting much coverage where you are, but around here (NY) he's covered on a daily basis.  Huckabee is getting a lot of coverage because (a) he has had a longstanding relationship with Fox "news", and (b) he's too funny to ignore (like the - I want to be a transsexual so I can shower with the girls - remark), but that won't last.

betz

73, female

Level 5 - Activist

from betz on 06/13/2015 12:18 PM

We don't seem to hear much about him in the great state of OH.  At least I don't hear much about him.  Why I don't know.

MrsJJS

58, female

Level 6 - Agitator

from MrsJJS on 06/18/2015 04:41 AM

Anyone who is a perceived threat to the status quo is either branded a loon and/or ignored.

Joe61

74, male

Level 5 - Activist

from Joe61 on 06/18/2015 10:53 AM

It's really a clssic case of censorship......If any politician  seems to be the peoples choice, but is not THE DARLING OF THE MASS MEDIA.  Then the best form of censorship is silence.   As the Big man would say "Hear no credible opposition, talk no credible opposition, and see no credible opposition"......Then there is no credible opposition!

Reply Edited on 06/18/2015 10:56 AM.

stanley

66, female

Level 6 - Agitator

from stanley on 07/11/2015 05:35 AM

Well he doesn't seem to chime in much on key issues and in the past he's said one thing and then later the opposite.  But more importantly (and this goes for all of the candidates) what are you running on, and if you say this or that should be done, or be different, outine specifically what you would do.

j.maisoui

56, female

Level 3 - Debater

from j.maisoui on 09/08/2015 06:06 AM

He will cut to the chase and put an end to all their bull. They are terrified of Rand just like they were of his father. They shoved Ron Paul aside and swept him under the rug,and will try to do the same with Rand but he will not go away.

phoenix2015

31, male

Level 1 - Innovator

from phoenix2015 on 10/05/2015 08:51 AM

Rand Paul is being ignored by the "media" because he is not as much of a war fanactic as say Hilary Clinton, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, the fat guy in my profile picture, Ted Cruz, even Bernie Sanders. Rand has not helpled his cause by being more hawkish than the average Libertarian. In terms of ideas, Rand Paul, easily has the best ideas on the Republican stage. The problem with Rand, is that the Republican base is looking for tough, strong, finger waving, barbarians and morons and Rand comes off like an intellectual which bothers the hell out of Republicans. So that's why Fox is ignoring him.

For me, fuck Rand Paul. He still would send the US to war for Israel, I don't what him to be president anyways. Good thing he is being ignored.

« Back to forum