Tell me something about a friend you lost from SH , something they did that made you smile

[ Go to bottom  |  Go to latest post  |  Subscribe to this topic  |  Latest posts first ]

SerenityGur...

52, female

Level 11 - Analyst

Tell me something about a friend you lost from SH , something they did that made you smile

from SerenityGuruofLove on 06/17/2015 08:51 PM

Freeranger
Deleted user

Re: Tell me something about a friend you lost from SH , something they did that made you smile

from Freeranger on 06/18/2015 03:22 AM

I had a very large heap of respect for Prarie Wind, who described himself as the Sagebrush Patriot.  He passed away way too soon at 68 over a year ago I think.  He was a highly intelligent guy, carried a love of Western art, had a wonderful sense of perspective, and was a man with a lot of varied interests.  In fact, it was he who invited me to the book club that used to be on SH. 

Among the quotes from his page were these:

Life is short,
Break the rules,
Forgive quickly,
Kiss slowly,
Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably,
And never regret anything that made you smile.
Some great truths little children have learned:

1) No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats..
2) When your Mom is mad at your Dad, don't let her brush your hair.
3) If your sister hits you, don't hit her back. They always catch the second person.
4) Never ask your 3-year old brother to hold a tomato.
5) You can't trust dogs to watch your food..
6) Don't sneeze when someone is cutting your hair..
7) Never hold a Dust-Buster and a cat at the same time.
8) You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.
9) Don't wear polka-dot underwear under white shorts.
10)The best place to be when you're sad is Grandma's lap.
"When arguing with an idiot, first make sure that he is not doing the same." ~ Mordecai ...

He and I both had a mutual appreciation for William Tecumseh Sherman.    I miss the man....

SeanMcDonald

31, male

Level 6 - Agitator

Re: Tell me something about a friend you lost from SH , something they did that made you smile

from SeanMcDonald on 06/18/2015 03:26 AM

ADA - She was funny and a great friend

Ang

55, female

Level 21 - *Revivor*

from Ang on 06/18/2015 09:36 AM

Kyle, he had great questions & I just liked his personaity & how kind he was to everyone.
Also, Suni, she was nice & I had her email but it's in a PM there which I cannot get to so I probably will never get to talk to her again.  

« Back to forum