Search for posts by lovita

1  |  2  |  3  |  »  |  Last Search found 27 matches:

lovita

73, female

Level 5 - Activist

Re: If money wasn't an issue, because someone would buy you a house & give you the deed, what country/state would you want to live in?

from lovita on 11/04/2015 07:52 AM

San Francisco, Carmel or Cotswold, England. All beautiful places!    I don't know if I could handle the winter in the UK, but it sure would be better than high humidity 12-months of the year. 

lovita

73, female

Level 5 - Activist

Re: What do you want in this site to attract you more often?

from lovita on 10/31/2015 04:26 AM

I'd like to be able to be able to have access to GOOGLE IMAGES/VIDEOS like the old site.  It was so much easier to include photos/videos/greetings with our comments.  I miss that here.

Would it be possible for this new site to add GOOGLE IMAGES/VIDEOS/GREETINGS for us?

lovita

73, female

Level 5 - Activist

Re: Amazing Rocks And Stones

from lovita on 10/28/2015 08:47 PM

Good Morning Ang!

Marianne's pictures are beautiful!!!

I was trying to upload some pictures last night but was unable to because there is a box that you have to check that states that I am ENTITLED to publish the photos on this site.  (no,  i don't own the photos)  The photos are from GOOGLE IMAGES.  How is everyone here putting photos on this site? 

This site is not like the original SODAHEAD, so the GOOGLE IMAGES/VIDEOS area isn't available.  It was much easier back then......

lovita

73, female

Level 5 - Activist

Re: Any advice of how to sleep better when it is hot outside?

from lovita on 10/28/2015 07:42 PM

Does your portable AC need something to collect the water?  I want to get one but my sister says it will ruin the varnished  wood floor.  The temperature in my bedroom feels like 90-degrees daily, with our high-humidity year-round.  And it's not any cooler in the night either. 

Also, I can't put an AC unit in the window because of the type of windows that we have:  they are custom-made windows that open only half-way.

Thanks for the advice about CLOSING THE WINDOWS when the fan is on!!!  I was told to face the fan towards the window so the warm air would go out.  (it doesn't!)

lovita

73, female

Level 5 - Activist

Re: How much is your bond with your Dog? Try this test!

from lovita on 10/27/2015 08:59 AM

I trained my dog to take "doggie treats" from my mouth from the time I adopted him at five (?) weeks old.   He's ten-years old now and I can still hold his treats in my mouth and he'll take the food and leave my lips intack.  (stop laughing!) 

His sister is another story......complete savage when it comes to any kind of food.   I think it's her mother's (my sister) fault.  My sister said she values her lips so there's no way she's going to hold ANY food near her face for her two dogs.  (both savages when it comes to lettuce and doggie treats).   My sister feeds our three dogs so she's the "KITCHEN MAMA."  I'm the clean-up crew so I'm "MAMA DOO DOO."  (our dogs are paper-trained) 

My dog sleeps with me and yes, I know my place:  THE EDGE OF THE BED.

lovita

73, female

Level 5 - Activist

Re: Have you even been to Canada??

from lovita on 10/27/2015 08:21 AM

YES!  And I LOVED IT!!!!  My former husband and I went on a 9-day bus trip through Vancouver, Bath and some other towns (this was back in 1986? so I can't remember all the names of the places we stopped in) and saw the WORLD EXPO.  Our half-day trip to Victoria Island was much, much too short!!!!  The cobble stone streets and shops were so interesting!!!!   It made me feel like I was in England.  I would love to go back one day. 

lovita

73, female

Level 5 - Activist

Re: What's your favorite pie?

from lovita on 10/27/2015 07:07 AM

Chocolate Cream Pie, Holy's Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Custard Pie, Blueberry Cream Cheese Pie!!!

lovita

73, female

Level 5 - Activist

Re: Have you seen the Blood Moon, last night?

from lovita on 10/27/2015 07:01 AM

Was it visible in the pacific area?   I missed a "LIGHT SHOW" last week. I woke up at midnight and looked outside but the sky was pretty black.  No shooting stars or "BRIGHT STARS" as the newscaster had mentioned.

lovita

73, female

Level 5 - Activist

Re: What´s the best thing with summer?

from lovita on 10/27/2015 06:56 AM

WINTER WILL BE HERE SOON!!!!!   Our summers are always so extra hot and humid here, we count the months until DECEMBER!!!!!  (if we're lucky, it'll rain a lot in November and December!!!)

lovita

73, female

Level 5 - Activist

Re: IS ANYONE HAVING PROBLEMS BUYING SHOWER TO SHOWER BATH POWDER?

from lovita on 10/27/2015 06:49 AM

Hi Jules,

Thanks for replying.  My sister went back to Walmart on Saturday, October 24 and she said the shelf was FULL OF SHOWER TO SHOWER BATH POWDER!!!!!!!  WHAT HAPPENED TO THE 'NO MORE SHOWER TO SHOWER ON THE SHELF' that the sales clerk told her about the previous week??????  WEIRD. 

After not being able to find SHOWER TO SHOWER in the stores, I went online and saw the articles about TALC POWDER causing ovarian cancer.  I've NEVER seen anything in the newspaper or heard anything on the TV news about this either.  You're the only person who has heard about this besides me.  And I've never heard or read about TALC POWDER being used to make drugs either.  Where do people come up with this kind of info????

I've been using TALC POWDER for a few years now (I live in a very humid area where the nights are in the 80's even in the winter) and haven't had any adverse reaction to the powder.  I make sure I don't breathe it in and I ALWAYS MAKE SURE I MOP THE FLOOR after applying the powder so my dog doesn't lick it.

1  |  2  |  3  |  »  |  Last

« Back to previous page