Does it annoy you that they have killed SodaHead?

1  |  2  |  »  |  Last [ Go to bottom  |  Go to latest post  |  Subscribe to this topic  |  Latest posts first ]

KezziMorris

28, female

Level 6 - Agitator

Does it annoy you that they have killed SodaHead?

from KezziMorris on 06/09/2015 04:32 PM

Yes, I really liked that site -_-

Caitlyn

24, female

Level 8 - Advocate

Re: Does it annoy you that they have killed SodaHead?

from Caitlyn on 06/09/2015 04:37 PM

Yes but nothing we can do about it so I'm moving on.

I do miss many of my friends there. That's what I was there for.

Tiffanee
Deleted user

from Tiffanee on 06/09/2015 04:46 PM

Yes it does and these new sites are not really working for me either at the moment. I am sure they will continue to get better and better but for now, they seem like cheap replacements, nothing more.

Marianne

-, female

Level 18 - Kingpin

from Marianne on 06/09/2015 05:13 PM

Yes, and it is also saddening. I am afraid that we have to see first how we can find our friends and acquaintances and build up a new community.

It may be a somewhat bitter humour - but there is hope ...

Zzzz_Humour_Divers_BD_Fluctuat_Nec_Mergitur.jpg

Reply Edited on 06/09/2015 05:21 PM.

corey

-, male

Level 6 - Agitator

from corey on 06/09/2015 06:57 PM

I am still learning my way around this site. I had started a thread in politics.  Regarding taking actions against sodaheads to protect Identity and privacy.

I have bells going off in my head regarding fraud being commited, regarding the data that had been collected on us since we first became memebers of sodahead. Especially since they removed access to our accounts so we could delete info we wanted to keep private and don't want just anyone having access to it..  (I had all my privacy settings set to max on sodahead   to give you an Idea just how much I value my privacy.)

It would be one thing if it was just shut down, but that is not the case here.

Who ever bought them out, wants to use that data for their own ends.

I can think of too many situations where it is determental to us as former sodahead members to allow them to retain information like email and demographic information.

Imagine what the Koch brothers would do with the information or the Americans for prosperity or heritage foundation. All of these organizations ultimatly want anarchy* (extremist Libertarians).   Where they do what they want  and the rest of us are subject to their whims.  (This list is just to give you an idea of how malicious our info could be used.) All three of those groups are against democracy or even a republic. at least in a republic the leaders are elected by the people.

* Anarchy in this case is where they are the "unelected leaders" who have absolute freedom at the expense of all others,  while all others do NOT have absolute freedom or even basic freedom and has to "OBEY" the ones excercising absolute freedom.

I really like my privacy, its nothing personal against anyone here. especially in light of having accounts locked on sodahead.

Skunky
Deleted user

from Skunky on 06/09/2015 07:06 PM

it does but what can we do? nothing. they lost all thier loyal members but thats ok, the time won't exist period in a few months from now.

KezziMorris

28, female

Level 6 - Agitator

from KezziMorris on 06/09/2015 09:51 PM

We can do nothing sadly.

amberleechoo
Admin

29, female

Level 17 - Ambassador

from amberleechoo on 06/09/2015 10:25 PM

Yeah and there doesn´t seem to be any site as good as Sodahead out there:(

JohnnyRudick

94, male

Level 9 - Commentator

from JohnnyRudick on 06/09/2015 10:52 PM

Over the years I have conditioned myself to be less "annoyed" about anything.

Even that imposter in the . . .

Reply Edited on 06/09/2015 10:52 PM.

Brian

68, male

Level 5 - Activist

from Brian on 06/10/2015 03:53 AM

Yes it does, but what annoyes more was the abrupt way they went about it. I have friendships I have formed with people on that site and I have lost all contact with them it really blows.

But this site is encouraging so I'm here for the time being.

1  |  2  |  »  |  Last

« Back to forum