Any way to delete sodahead account after being locked out?

First Page  |  «  |  1  |  2  |  3  |  »  |  Last [ Go to bottom  |  Go to latest post  |  Subscribe to this topic  |  Latest posts first ]

corey

-, male

Level 6 - Agitator

Re: Any way to delete sodahead account after being locked out?

from corey on 06/12/2015 05:37 PM

I filed a complaint to FTC today about sodahead locking our accounts without warning. Not allowing us to delete critical biometric and meta data, we do not want a company like swagbuck to have. And the fact that swagbucks a company that makes its business selling User habits and data is a real issue for those that been actively trying to avoid companies like this , like me.. By using things like adblockerplus no-script, ghostery and avoiding websites like swagbucks.

FTC also suggested filing a complaint here http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Which I intend to do.

When you look at what swagbucks does for a business and how it profits on selling your habits that should remain private. Reason needs to stay private is due to all the bad ways that data can be used against you. You should be really concerned, that this is a MAJOR privacy breach by means of an outright buyout, by a company that should not have your habits or biometric data in the first place.

I honestly believe this to be an internet crime especially the part about locking us out of the account so we could not delete sensitive information.

They could just as easily disabled the forum functions and such without actually locking the account.

This was a "data grab", there can be no other explanation in my opinion.

I really like my privacy, its nothing personal against anyone here. especially in light of having accounts locked on sodahead.

Mopvyzo_USA

59, male

Level 5 - Activist

Any way to delete sodahead account after being locked out?

from Mopvyzo_USA on 06/13/2015 02:28 AM

It does not look like they are going to delete our profiles. If SH wants to be aholes like that, there is nothing I can do.

10_200X200.png
Mopvyzo

Imagypsy

77, female

Level 2 - Loudmouth

from Imagypsy on 06/13/2015 05:24 PM

I agree. The best thing I can think of to do is file with th FTC.
But I would also like to have access to very old private converstaions with a few Soda Head friends from years ago and be able to save them for my own use. One very close friend and I began using our private email addresses after a while conversing on SH. He died several years ago and I wish I had access to the very early private "talks" we had on SH before going private.

EternalSail...

37, female

Level 1 - Innovator

from EternalSailorSol on 06/13/2015 05:34 PM

I wish there was something I could do to delete that old account. It doesn't help that I live in Canada. I don't think there is a way to delete it, I wish there was. 

Reply Edited on 06/13/2015 05:39 PM.

Lady

-, female

Level 7 - Critic

from Lady on 06/13/2015 05:54 PM

I've tried, but they have locked everything down.  They still have our old posts, profile and pictures.  SH sucks.

Lady - formerly SH Eastedie

Freeranger
Deleted user

from Freeranger on 06/13/2015 07:50 PM

Shades of Caveat Emptor me thinks.  'Fraid they got us by the short hairs....

Gregaj7

61, male

Level 7 - Critic

from Gregaj7 on 06/13/2015 08:01 PM

That being the case, there are several profiles by which they might actually learn something, if they choose to.

H.D.Rider

56, male

Level 4 - Idealist

from H.D.Rider on 06/16/2015 01:43 AM

No I don't think you can delete your account. I really don't care, the info I posted was B.S. anyway.

corey

-, male

Level 6 - Agitator

from corey on 06/20/2015 01:49 AM

@H.D.Rider  even if it is BS that you posted, that data can be use to build a personality profile that can be used in a manor that could actually harm you in the real world.   Or if you posted enough info they can make a fake personality profile for the purpose of defamation in the real world.

Insurance companies could use that info against you as well, based on what you said whether what you said was truthful or not. like maybe you posted a picture in your profile that shows you holding a lit cigerete.  Lets say you seeking lung cancer treatment.  They can use that photo as a means to cut you off from payments by the insurance company.  Then your screwed because you were profiled as "engaging in risky behavior", which voids your insurance claim.. (which is NOT the same as pre- exsisting condition)

I really like my privacy, its nothing personal against anyone here. especially in light of having accounts locked on sodahead.

stanley

66, female

Level 6 - Agitator

from stanley on 07/02/2015 02:48 AM

The people who created Sodahead were entrepreneurs.  They created Sodahead to prove to someone that they were movers and shakers.  Said "wonderperson" recognized that they had indeed proved their worth at creating an interactive site and moved them on to the land of being paid good money for their smarts.  Sodahead lost (because it was free and didn't rake in profits) and the creators knew that everything costs money and sodaheads didn't.  Sodaheads actually thought they could access a site for free (I mean are they ingenues or what?)

First Page  |  «  |  1  |  2  |  3  |  »  |  Last

« Back to forum