Do you like Hersey’s Chocolate?

1  |  2  |  »  |  Last [ Go to bottom  |  Go to latest post  |  Subscribe to this topic  |  Latest posts first ]

Lady

-, female

Level 7 - Critic

Do you like Hersey’s Chocolate?

from Lady on 06/17/2015 11:13 PM

Hershey's Remake of 'The Great American Chocolate Bar'

The Hershey Company's (HSY) iconic milk chocolate bar is getting a makeover after 120 years. The confectionery giant is undergoing a multi-year plan to overhaul all of its products which will ultimately contain "simple and easy-to-understand" ingredients.

"It all starts with the consumer changing. They're really involved in what they're eating and they want to know the ingredients in their foods. And, we want to be out in front of that," said Will Papa, Vice President and Chief Research & Development Officer at The Hershey Company, who's been at the forefront of this new transition.

Hershey's massive product renovation will be inclusive, starting with its most iconic brands.

"Job one is the Hershey's bar," says Papa. "Then Hershey's Kisses and Reese's."

He says they never used high-fructose corn syrup in the classic Hershey's bar, but are removing other ingredients consumers won't recognize.

"We're removing PGPR (Polyglycerol polyricinoleate) and vanillin from our chocolate bars by the end of the year."

PGPR is an emulsifier derived from castor bean oil and often used to improve processing characteristics of chocolate. An emulsifier is an ingredient that is typically used in food production as a way to keep fat and water from separating in the product.

"It's basically used to help make the product stay together and plays a huge role in molding the chocolate."

Vanillin is a common artificial ingredient obtained from plant-derived materials, which provides a "vanilla flavoring" to foods.

"We're replacing it with natural vanilla. A lot of these ingredients pre-date me. Some of the artificial ingredients help make the products easier to manufacture. Easier to mold and flow better. Historically, artificial ingredients can be more consistent, too. You can deliver more of a consistent product with them. So, the big challenge with real vanilla is its variability in delivering the same product consistently."

Hersheys-candy.jpg

Lady - formerly SH Eastedie

Reply Edited on 06/17/2015 11:14 PM.

Ang

55, female

Level 21 - *Revivor*

Re: Do you like Hersey’s Chocolate?

from Ang on 06/17/2015 11:56 PM

OMG REALLY, Hershey is the best tasting chocolate out there, Geez I hope it doesn't taste any different!

JohnnyRudick

94, male

Level 9 - Commentator

from JohnnyRudick on 06/18/2015 12:03 AM

Yes I do.

I like the kind with nuts.
I also like most Hersey and Reese's products.

I even like the Hersey Dark Cocoa.

Kat

-, female

Level 11 - Analyst

from Kat on 06/18/2015 12:35 AM

Yes, Hersheys is good. I went to Hershey PA when I was young the whole town was chocolate themed. Seeing vats of hundreds of gallons of melted chocolate poured around is awe inspiring.

Ang

55, female

Level 21 - *Revivor*

from Ang on 06/18/2015 01:06 AM

It sure is Kat!
My mom bought me the crystal Hershey Kiss & I loved it! I love Hershey Kisses!
hershey_kiss_crystal_dish.jpg

Hershey_Kisses_galore_in_the_factory_in_hands.jpg

Hershey_Kisses_galore_in_the_factory.jpg

Hershey_Kisses.jpg

Hersheys_with_Almonds.jpg

ken

61, male

Level 19 - Chief Opinionator

from ken on 06/18/2015 03:19 AM

Hershey with almonds is in my top five candy bars

Gregaj7

61, male

Level 7 - Critic

from Gregaj7 on 06/18/2015 04:24 AM

Dark.

Honeyrose

62, female

Level 11 - Analyst

from Honeyrose on 06/18/2015 09:33 AM

images.jpegYes , especially Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.

Laurel Hoberg

Reply Edited on 06/18/2015 09:42 AM.

Seonag

79, female

Level 4 - Idealist

from Seonag on 06/18/2015 02:58 PM

Definitely LOVE Hershey's Chocolates --- especially their syrup in milk, Kisses (Dark Chocolate) and Hershey Bars! I'm also a fan of the Lindt Dark Chocolate.

EternalSail...

37, female

Level 1 - Innovator

from EternalSailorSol on 06/18/2015 04:31 PM

Yes, I do . I hope (in Canada) that they don't change it too much.

Reply Edited on 06/18/2015 04:33 PM.
1  |  2  |  »  |  Last

« Back to forum