Where you excited when you got your first computer ?

[ Go to bottom  |  Go to latest post  |  Subscribe to this topic  |  Latest posts first ]

Honeyrose

62, female

Level 11 - Analyst

Where you excited when you got your first computer ?

from Honeyrose on 06/30/2015 09:06 AM

stock-vector-happy-man-looking-at-his-computer-screen-111416996.jpgI know I was :-D

Laurel Hoberg

mousegirl

29, female

Level 4 - Idealist

Re: Where you excited when you got your first computer ?

from mousegirl on 06/30/2015 09:36 AM

O Yeah!

Ang

55, female

Level 21 - *Revivor*

from Ang on 07/01/2015 01:32 AM

I got my first one in 2000 but was disappointed cause it was a Gateway, worst computer I've ever bought, I loved my second one (2001) & with every little thing I figured out, I got more excited, my second one was a Compaq. That was a really good computer. Even when I bought my new one in 2011, the only real problem with the Compaq was the USB's. We had an electrical storm & it surged through & tore up the USB's, really weird that it didn't do anything to the computer itself but it did tear up the printer I had connected to it.

Freeranger
Deleted user

from Freeranger on 07/02/2015 04:45 AM

I was.  It allowed me to research family history, in particular, my grandfather.

amberleechoo
Admin

29, female

Level 17 - Ambassador

from amberleechoo on 07/04/2015 02:33 PM

I can´t remember if I was when I used it for the first time. Too young to remember it and I didn´t get my own computer until I was somewhere in my teens.

Gregaj7

61, male

Level 7 - Critic

from Gregaj7 on 07/04/2015 05:47 PM

Yes.  $999 (plus tax) for an Apple IIc in 1983, one year before the first Macintosh.  It was also my last Apple product, though I did get the Apple clone Laser 128.

JohnnyRudick

94, male

Level 9 - Commentator

from JohnnyRudick on 07/05/2015 12:35 AM

I can not even remember much about it, but I am sure I was thrilled.
Seems like it eas the beginning of the 1980s. Had been attending Computer Science classes at North Seattle Community College, so may as well.
The one at school used punch tape and cards and magnetic tape. Had to keep the room cold, was a lot of fun.

I do remember when I finnaly got a much smaller one of my own, those floppy vinyl discs that kept getting ruined and I had them all over the place.
Had to use them things for everything.

I think I just added another mess of things to aggravate me.

« Back to forum