Please share your favorite recipes.

[ Go to bottom  |  Go to latest post  |  Subscribe to this topic  |  Latest posts first ]

EternalSail...

38, female

Level 1 - Innovator

Please share your favorite recipes.

from EternalSailorSol on 06/06/2015 02:40 AM

Due to the old SodaHead closing down on us, I have to start from scratch. No pun intended. I was in a SodaHead Recipe related group, there.

Reply Edited on 06/06/2015 02:41 AM.

Marianne

-, female

Level 18 - Kingpin

Re: Please share your favorite recipes.

from Marianne on 06/06/2015 10:05 PM

Hello to all and hello Eternal Sailor!

As I see, there is still a lot to translate, so I will start with a dessert - a bit too caloric, but delicious:

Ingredients
5 dl fresh cream
400 g sugar
1 "point of a knife" of vanilla sugar
200 g powdered / icing sugar
Recipe:
- Mix cream, sugar and vanilla sugar in a large pan, heat the whole while stirring continually, till big bubbles form, while the mixture takes a slightly golden shade and seems easy to get off the bottom of the pan.
- Then, add the icing or powdered sugar and mix it well into the caramel.
- Take the whole from the fire, spread and shape the caramel mass as a relatively thick square on a sheet of bakery release paper
- Let dry and then, cut cubes from the solidified caramel.

Marianne

-, female

Level 18 - Kingpin

from Marianne on 06/06/2015 10:06 PM

I just found out how to activate your link - lol!

amberleechoo
Admin

29, female

Level 17 - Ambassador

from amberleechoo on 06/07/2015 12:22 PM

Swedish pancakes

INGREDIENTS

3 large eggs
2 cups milk
1 cup flour
6 tablespoons melted butter
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
Confectioners' sugar, for garnish (optional)
Fruit, such as raspberries, strawberries, or sliced melon, for garnish (optional)

1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine three eggs with 1/2 cup milk. Process until completely smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.      Stop the food processor, and add 1 cup flour. Process again until smooth and thick, 1 to 2 minutes. Add remaining milk,        butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt.

2. Heat Swedish pancake pan over medium heat. Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon of batter into each circle. Cook until the     edges turn golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip with a fork, and continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes more.

3. Serve with jams or maple syrup. Garnish with confectioners' sugar and fruit, if desired.

pannkakor 

JohnT
Deleted user

from JohnT on 06/07/2015 03:12 PM

Pumpkin Spice Cake
Ingredients
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
1 cup canola oil
4 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
24 candy pumpkins
Directions
1. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, oil and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and cloves; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
2. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
3. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread over cake; garnish with candy pumpkins. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 24 servings.

Freeranger
Deleted user

from Freeranger on 06/08/2015 03:35 AM

Here's an easy dessert my mum used to make.

One box of Graham crackers.  Put them in a freezer bag then crush them with a rolling pin to fine crumbs.  Open two cans of jellied cranberry sauce, dump them into a bowl and take a fork and stir it up until it's all jellied more.
The rest is simple, take a casserole dish (2 qt.), layer the bottom with some cracker crumbs (approx. 1/4"), spreading it evenly, then a layer of cranberry sauce, then crackers........you get it.
Continue layering to the top, finishing up with the crackers.
One note.....I always keep a few more crackers and another can of cranberry sauce handy to top off with if necessary.

If you do it in the morning, then throw it in the fridge for the day, it will be a nice cool dessert after supper.  Top with a big daub of whipped cream.  I like to make my own, but you can go instant.
Even has a nice color.  Very filling....

Honeyrose

62, female

Level 11 - Analyst

from Honeyrose on 07/03/2015 12:02 PM

rosenmunnar_2_-_swedish_thumbprint_cookies_-_KC.jpgRosenmunnar ( Swedish Thumbprint Cookies)

Ingredients
Nutrition
Yield
6 dozen

1 cup butter, softened
1⁄2 cup white sugar
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1⁄2 cup any flavor fruit jam

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add sifted flour, and mix well. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on cookie sheets. Imprint your thumb in the center to make a 1/2-inch indentation. Fill with your favorite preserves.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown at the edges.
If you use unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt to the cookie dough.

Laurel Hoberg

Reply Edited on 07/03/2015 12:07 PM.

« Back to forum