Old Soda Heads

First Page  |  «  |  1  |  2  |  3  |  4 [ Go to bottom  |  Go to latest post  |  Subscribe to this topic  |  Latest posts first ]

BatmansEpic...

-, female

Level 4 - Idealist

Re: Old Soda Heads

from BatmansEpicUnderstudy on 07/02/2015 12:09 AM

I literally thought I had gotten banned from Sodahead for a good 2 weeks before I saw the notice they put up.  It seems to be a very fishy situation with them, and they did not handle it well at all.  Oh well.  Business is business, I suppose.

It's wonderful to see how the Sodahead community survived such a blow.  Good for us  

Freeranger
Deleted user

from Freeranger on 07/02/2015 04:35 AM

Wasn't that an old Disney movie......"In Search of the Castaways?"

Ang

55, female

Level 21 - *Revivor*

from Ang on 07/03/2015 11:00 AM

@Batman, yeah that's what i thought at first too but I found out pretty quickly that we were all kicked out. It did take me a few days after that to find anyone. Yeah it was quite a blow, this is the first time this has happened to me. 

GreatLakes

99, female

Level 6 - Agitator

from GreatLakes on 07/03/2015 05:32 PM

Hi sean....

I agree with you! 

Yami_no_KoHime

24, female

Level 6 - Agitator

from Yami_no_KoHime on 07/08/2015 03:23 AM

I was really just pissed that they didn't delete my account, but I got over it >.<

-Jenavive RoseThorne Gemstone

Commenting_1
Deleted user

from Commenting_1 on 07/08/2015 02:34 PM

I'm a little late to the party. I had not been spending as much time on the site as I once had and just found out what happened. I don't know why they did not just close down the site entirely instead of leaving it with existing members shown. I will miss the way the site functioned, how it was easy to navigate within and upload images to posts. It was really fun "communicating" and I will admit being addicted to using it.

I had discovered another site that is somewhat similar, having spent more time there since last year. It does not possess the same ease of posting images, though some have the knack, or the ability to glamorize / personalize a profile page. LOTS of topics about anything and everything though, and is easy to quote / post within topics. From what I have seen, they DO moderate, not allowing "personal attacks", but debating DOES exist. If you guys are interested, I'll tell you. Likely, some SH'ers have already existed there for all I know. (I will still always miss the layout / design of SH...)

Glad to see those having survived the sinking of SH!

Jules
Deleted user

from Jules on 07/08/2015 05:46 PM

Hi!             We did survive it but many of us were mad and felt let down by the way Mr. Feffer handled the situation.  There was no warning just a bulletin saying it was shutting down the site to us "Effective immediately!"  By the time I saw this notice the shut down was already in progress.  I am hearing now that some of the members are still on there and I don't understand how that can be.  Supposedly everyone's accounts were disabled and the site was going to be restricted to polls only.

Anyway it was the way the whole thing was handled which was uncalled for and evidentally the mgmt. didn't give a care! 

First Page  |  «  |  1  |  2  |  3  |  4

« Back to forum