Gardens

[ Go to bottom  |  Go to latest post  |  Subscribe to this topic  |  Latest posts first ]

Freeranger
Deleted user

Gardens

from Freeranger on 06/07/2015 02:02 AM

Who's planting one? 
I've planted a few basics; corn, cucumbers, tomato's, summer squash, zucchini....and as usual, a few pumpkins for the porch this Fall.
What's everyone else growing?

Kat

-, female

Level 11 - Analyst

Re: Gardens

from Kat on 06/07/2015 02:15 AM

I have Asparagus, strawberries, mint, grapes, pears and apples planted last year or before.

And snow peas, purple hull peas, heirloom tomatoes, cucumbers, Mesclun mix, parsley and watermelons so far planted this year.

Peewee

67, female

Level 6 - Agitator

from Peewee on 06/07/2015 03:11 AM

Have lots of tomatoes because I can them, radishes, carrots, beans, peas, peppers, squash, pumpkins, broccoli, melons and sweet corn.  Plus the raspberries, rhubarb and asparagus.

Freeranger
Deleted user

from Freeranger on 06/07/2015 04:12 AM

I sorely miss cow manure.....how's that for a confession?   My resource dried up.  I find I have to rely more on chemical fertilizer which, while easier than cow poo,  doesn't enrich or build up the soil.  Mine is fairly acidic, so I have to really sock the lime to it.  Tonight I just finished getting a four foot fence around my highbush blueberries, which are producing for the first time this year.  The bushes are only around three and a half feet, but they'll keep growing to somewhere around six.  I'm gonna have to get netting I'm sure.
Our in my fields, with that being so acidic, the natural low bush blueberries are everwhere......I expect once they ripen it will be quite a crop.

« Back to forum