Does the life of the sperm and the person same?

[ Go to bottom  |  Go to latest post  |  Subscribe to this topic  |  Latest posts first ]

Dan

30, male

Level 10 - Negotiator

Does the life of the sperm and the person same?

from Dan on 06/05/2015 07:51 AM

I want to know whether the soul of the sperm cell which create us and our soul are just same or different? If yes, then I think we should celebrate our birthday much earlier

Scheissegal

29, male

Level 6 - Agitator

Re: Does the life of the sperm and the person same?

from Scheissegal on 06/05/2015 08:15 AM

I mean, it's strongly dependent on whether you believe our consicousness derives from the soul or the brain. Personally, I'm very split on it, leaning towards the brain. If it is in fact, the brain, then our sperm would have no relation at all to us... technically then, I wouldn't have "won" the sperm race  But yeah, maybe this should have been posted in the PHILOSOPHICAL section. Doy.

ajmsituation

39, male

Level 5 - Activist

from ajmsituation on 06/08/2015 02:05 PM

At best I would call the sperm the potential of a person, but not a person in itself. It is only half of the genetic material after all and by itself it will never become a person.

HegeMarie
Deleted user

from HegeMarie on 06/08/2015 04:23 PM

It is first after the fertilization, when a sperm cell an an egg cell melts together you have the "genetic fundament" of a person.
So you can add nine months to your age, but the birthday would still be the day of your birth, right?

« Back to forum