Do you think the Internet will be Censored this Friday, June 12th?

[ Go to bottom  |  Go to latest post  |  Subscribe to this topic  |  Latest posts first ]

Lady

-, female

Level 7 - Critic

Do you think the Internet will be Censored this Friday, June 12th?

from Lady on 06/09/2015 03:31 PM

"... A Nationalized Communications Industry, In Which The Government Builds, Owns, And Operates Not Only The Internet But Newspapers And Television As Well."
–Larry Downes, Forbes

Due to Net Neutrality passing, Barack Obama's Internet Takeover goes into effect on June 12... just days from now... and time is running short to stop it.

Even the media establishment is starting to realize what you have known for far too long. So-called Net Neutrality was NEVER solely about the allocation of bandwidth "fairly" across the Internet and it goes far beyond simply giving the Obama Regime the power to pick winners and losers on the information superhighway.

The name of the game was always to control the Internet and ultimately the content that you will be allowed to see and post on the Internet.

And in a matter of a few days from now, we could be headed down that dangerous path unless the Republican-controlled Congress brings Representative Marsha Blackburn's Internet Freedom Act, H.R. 1212, to the floor of the House and Senate and passes it BEFORE THE OBAMA-FCC ORDER GOES INTO EFFECT ON JUNE 12.

Lady - formerly SH Eastedie

Reply Edited on 06/09/2015 03:31 PM.

Roy

53, male

Level 3 - Debater

Re: Do you think the Internet will be Censored this Friday, June 12th?

from Roy on 06/09/2015 04:13 PM

oh, I hope not!

Budwick

74, male

Level 3 - Debater

from Budwick on 06/09/2015 07:17 PM

I don't think even Obama has the gnads to do that.  The POWER to do so might be within the Net Neutral Law, but as we all know, the Emperor gets to pick and chose what to enforce, when and where, and how.  So - maybe he'll just save it for later.

Imagypsy

77, female

Level 2 - Loudmouth

from Imagypsy on 06/13/2015 05:55 PM

Gee whiz! It's the 13th of June, 2015, and I see no signs of any censeorship or even an attempt at it, except by Soda Head.
Right wing, anti-Obama paranoia reigns !
I am still free to say I dislike Ted Cruz and Rand Paul, and even that I do not agree with everything President Obama does or proposes.
It is hardly a matter of someone's "gonads". It is a matter of law. The law to censor the internet does not exist.

Lady

-, female

Level 7 - Critic

from Lady on 06/13/2015 05:59 PM

Net Neutrality did just that.  It will happen slowly but it will happen.

Lady - formerly SH Eastedie

H.D.Rider

56, male

Level 4 - Idealist

from H.D.Rider on 06/16/2015 01:38 AM

Could this be one reason that SH has changed?

corey

-, male

Level 6 - Agitator

from corey on 06/20/2015 02:01 AM

@H.D.Rider No  SH was changed due to swagbuck business model of "selling user habits and data"  Nothing to do with the government itself.  This was a "deliberate (possibly a malicious) corporate action"   current "sh user agreement" did not allow "selling of user data" to third parties outside of SH circle.

To get around that, they had to change the nature of SH as a means to bypass "user agreement contract law"

And polling for fox and CNN and such gave "plasable reason to change" so they can sell our data by "voiding old user agreement contract".

When they changed the nature of the business they had a clear justification of writing a "NEW user agreement contract" which strips out the old privacy rights we agreed too..

I really like my privacy, its nothing personal against anyone here. especially in light of having accounts locked on sodahead.

« Back to forum