Confederate Flag Controversy

[ Go to bottom  |  Go to latest post  |  Subscribe to this topic  |  Latest posts first ]

Mopvyzo_USA

59, male

Level 5 - Activist

Confederate Flag Controversy

from Mopvyzo_USA on 06/23/2015 04:04 PM

My opinion on this subject may offend some people, but I felt it needed to be said. To have a flag that symbolizes oppression flying by any state in an official capacity is a disgrace to our country. It should for that reason be removed. The U.S. is supposed to stand for freedom and democracy, and that flag does not.

10_200X200.png
Mopvyzo

drudixon

-, male

Level 7 - Critic

Re: Confederate Flag Controversy

from drudixon on 06/23/2015 08:46 PM

I AGREE. IT WAS ALWAYS A SYMBOL OF DIVISION, AND THEN BECAME A SYMBOL OF HATE. IT HAS BEEN TAKEN DOWN. :)

Cezar

-, male

Level 5 - Activist

from Cezar on 06/25/2015 07:42 PM

What they are doing is unconstitutional. Many things surrounding thsi fasle event will hopefully come to the light soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGAYfwp68wg

Reply Edited on 06/25/2015 07:43 PM.

BatmansEpic...

-, female

Level 4 - Idealist

from BatmansEpicUnderstudy on 07/02/2015 08:27 AM

I think it's very understandable that people are getting rid of the Confederate Flag.  I didn't even know that some Southern people think that it represents Southern pride, I always thought people kept it around to be rebellious.  Anyway, it is a symbol in that represents one of the lowest points in American history, a division of the Union, and it represents our racist past since the KKK use it.  To me, it is like a (obviously smaller scale and less severe) version of keeping a swastika around.  Like the confederate flag, the swastika symbol was never originally intended to represent horror and prejudice, but the fact that it was associated with anti semitism made it offensive, just like the association of the confederate flag with racism.  

There are better ways to be patriotic.  Don't forget about the good old American flag ;)  

« Back to forum