Any advice of how to sleep better when it is hot outside?

[ Go to bottom  |  Go to latest post  |  Subscribe to this topic  |  Latest posts first ]

EternalSail...

37, female

Level 1 - Innovator

Any advice of how to sleep better when it is hot outside?

from EternalSailorSol on 06/13/2015 10:44 PM

And the fan in my room is not helping much, and yes it was on the maximum setting. 

JohnT
Deleted user

Re: Any advice of how to sleep better when it is hot outside?

from JohnT on 06/14/2015 02:41 AM

You need one of those portable AC units you just stick the exhause hose out the window and they work real well.  I have a 10,000 btu and it works great in everyroom. They are fairly reasonable.

Freeranger
Deleted user

from Freeranger on 06/14/2015 03:36 AM

cheapest way is one of the small window A/C unit's.  Portable and affordable.

TasselLady

58, female

Level 3 - Debater

from TasselLady on 06/14/2015 09:33 PM

I found that either you can get a portable air conditioning unit which is a good bet and doesn't cost alot, or you can put a fan on and close windows and blinds to keep the cool air in.  I did that when I didn't have air conditioning at the time.  It will make the room feel cooler.  Sometimes I have trouble sleeping even WITH my air conditioning.  Hope that helps a bit!

Lady

-, female

Level 7 - Critic

from Lady on 06/16/2015 07:12 PM

Either a portable A/C unit or a window unit for your bedroom. We keep the house at 72 at night and 75 in the day because Florida is so very hot from late April through mid November.

Lady - formerly SH Eastedie

mrhungry1455

44, male

Level 4 - Idealist

from mrhungry1455 on 10/18/2015 11:12 AM

Central a.c. and medical marijuana 1mg melatonin 8oz. of sleepy time tea.Works every time.

lovita

73, female

Level 5 - Activist

from lovita on 10/28/2015 07:42 PM

Does your portable AC need something to collect the water?  I want to get one but my sister says it will ruin the varnished  wood floor.  The temperature in my bedroom feels like 90-degrees daily, with our high-humidity year-round.  And it's not any cooler in the night either. 

Also, I can't put an AC unit in the window because of the type of windows that we have:  they are custom-made windows that open only half-way.

Thanks for the advice about CLOSING THE WINDOWS when the fan is on!!!  I was told to face the fan towards the window so the warm air would go out.  (it doesn't!)

« Back to forum